"Untold numbers of professing Christians waste their lives trying to escape the cost of love. They do not see that it is always worth it."--- John Piper








Our Beautiful Joseph!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Let It Snow






If you aren't in our area or haven't heard, we were SNOWED upon in Missouri! Bill calls me the "snow queen" because I just LOVE to LOOK at the snow. I marvel at it every time! An added bonus was that my big boys were home. For those who do not know, we enrolled our big boys in school this semester. Our curiosity about our local school and my desire to have some one-on-one time with Joseph contributed to our decision. The leap from homeschooling to public has been a little much for mommy, but knowing it is temporary is getting us through. If the Lord wills it, we will be enrolling them in a "part-time" private school next year. They go to school 2 days per week and do the rest of the work as homeschool. Anyway, the snow brought them home for almost an entire week. I thought I'd post some snow pictures. The big boys (including my husband) love to be in the snow. As you can tell from Joseph's pictures, he prefers to see it from the kitchen window like mommy!!

Joseph is doing great! I finally broke down and tested his language skills. As a Speech therapist, I couldn't resist. I tested him on his 21 month-day and he scored at 17 months. It made me relax a little. He seemed more delayed than that to me. I know, I just need to be more patient. He had so much gross and fine motor to learn about that speech took the backseat, I think. Besides, with brothers and mommy catering to his every whim, who needs to talk, right?? It's just ridiculous, really:) Our new favorite game is to chase our brothers around the kitchen and dining room squealing all the while!! Big brothers pretend he's a monster and "you will melt from fiery lava if he touches you"... so it is fun for all! Yes, my house is a rowdy frat house, but I love it!!




Just to give you an idea of what Joseph is like, he is BUSY, BUDDY!! He gets into EVERYTHING! At first, this was annoying to me because of the messes he makes. There are moments that it continues to be annoying and we go for the playpen. However, most of the time it is hilarious! He is FULL of joy and curious about each and every item in his little world. We call him our "pixie" because he runs everywhere and he is so tiny that it looks like he kind of floats with his feet barely touching the ground! I wish I had a video to post of what I mean... I'll try to work on that. He sleeps with his Diego doll EVERY naptime and EVERY night. When it is time for nap or bed, we say, "night night". We put him in his crib with Diego and he curls up with him to go to sleep. I snuck in a few hours after I put him to bed and found him in the position above in that picture. He looked like he was holding hands with Diego!!! He kisses all people, animals, and yes.. objects at times. This makes him a FAVORITE at church because he will lean in and nuzzle familiar folks like his teachers and friends. He has kissed dogs on the mouth, other children, and numerous stuffed animals. Such a little lover! I wonder if it is because his mommy can't stop kissin' on him! My grandmother from Alabama stated it best when she said, "He's added something to our lives that we never even knew was missing." Well said.

3 comments:

  1. Laura,He is growing up so much. We got lots of snow too. Everyone always asks me,does she say anything?I always say yes,but Maiya doesn't like to chit chat away unless she is use to the person.: Little do they all know.
    Maiya is so lovable too,we need to let these babies meet sometime again.I am sure both our kids will catch up talking,just wait and see!! So great that you will have some special time for you and Joseph.:) I am so looking forward to spring.:) TTY later,I will try and get those pictures emailed to you as soon as time allows this week. Gidget

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be kind of maddening to be a speech professional AND a mama. :o) I'm glad you went ahead and did the tests -- it's pretty reassuring, I bet. We noticed a language explosion for Anya Rashi at the 2-year mark (after she'd been hearing English for 1 year), but were getting a little worried before then. She is definitely on track for a just-turned-4-year-old, and I bet that's what will continue to happen with Joseph.

    He is adorable! Anya Rashi is having some Diego envy after seeing that photo. It's so good to hear that you're all doing well. :o)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this update! Joseph is adorable and getting so big. What fun to have snow to play in. I keep wishing it would snow here so Alesha could at least experience it. It is pretty rare for it to snow and actually stick around. We will just have to make a trip to mountain so she can get a glimpse of it :-)

    What kind of test did you give Joseph for speech. I am curious where Alesha is at, too. She says about 20 words VERY clearly and many not so clear (only mommy know what she is saying) and she can make several animals sounds. I get asked constantly, is she talking yet? Apparently that is pretty important to a number of people :-)

    Joesph's Diego doll is huge! He looks so cute sleeping next to him. I can SO relate to being into EVERYTHING and the messes that come along with that. It is fascinating to watch them as they explore their surroundings. They really take it ALL in don't they? Is he a climber? That is when it gets REALLY fun :-)

    I hear you on the big change to public school. After 6 years of homeschooling both of my boys started public school this year. After the first few months we have found our routine and they are enjoying it. The adjustment was probably harder on me then it was on the boys.

    Thanks for the update!

    April :-)

    ReplyDelete