"Untold numbers of professing Christians waste their lives trying to escape the cost of love. They do not see that it is always worth it."--- John Piper








Our Beautiful Joseph!

Monday, March 29, 2010

More practice at waiting

Last week was, in a word, HARD. We found out that Joseph finally had his guardianship hearing on Thursday with one little thing missing... THE JUDGE!! He was away at a meeting. Now we wait for a new court date to become his guardians. We have been in the courts of Kolkata since January 3rd in case any of you are counting! It took a few days to lick some wounds and to do the spiritual thing... grumble. Then, my Lord scooped me up, dusted me off, and sent me back into the ring! I was encouraged by the hope that God is still in control and loving us. We don't know why these delays are happening, but I am determined to trust my Lord. Adoption WILL draw you closer to God as you are faced with the reality that there are truly very few things we have control over. We think we have more influence than we do in so many areas of our lives. Ultimately, we are here for one reason only... "to glorify God and enjoy Him forever". It is His good pleasure for us to wait at this time. I told my husband this evening that I think I am finally understanding what it means to wait on the Lord. Maybe we are waiting so long so I can get in some practice!!

I would like to ask each of you reading this post to pray for Joseph and his court date. It is likely this week or next. Our friends are traveling to pick up Joseph's cribmate tomorrow. Please also pray for them. My friend is named Liberty and their son is Ben. She has promised new photos and information regarding his dentition. I am a speech therapist and I don't even know if my kiddo has any teeth yet!! That's driving me nuts!!! THANK YOU for your prayers. That is our greatest need right now!

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Laura! I GET IT!! Been in court since 12/21/09...but whose counting;-) Living it with you...AND also receiving God's miraculous peace and help in the wait. His grace is amazing, as this is something I could not do on my own! I want my baby! I will pray for your court date. "Lord, we ask that you release Joseph from India in Jesus Name!"

    Let me know if you have any advice for speech with a CL/CP child! Walking in to a new territory with speech therapy!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,Prayers are going up for Liberty and her family and for your court date and more and more etc.! Isn't is great when u can find that wonderful peace of God in the storm?:)
    So hoping that you,me and April can get out kiddos together! Have a blessed week and Take Care,Gidget:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most excruciating part of this journey, I think. Waiting when you know a child is there for you is difficult, but does force one to hone the skill of patience. It seems this is an important parenting skill, so perhaps there is some purpose to it. Praying that your case is heard and signed all ready!!

    Julie R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, you are in my prayers. God's timing is perfect and I have had to come back to this fact numerous times in my lack of control of the entire process. So happy to hear that God is comforting you and helping you press forward. Can't wait to see pics of Joseph and hear an update from Liberty. It sure would be fun to travel together with Gidget. Time will tell. Hang in there!

    April :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, Laura!!! It always helped me to talk with other families who had the same issues. If you want to read my grumblings (ha!) from Daya's court wait you can go to my blog from July 06 to Feb 07. We got NOC in July and didn't pass court until Feb of the next year. That was back with the previous judge when he was pulling all of his garbage. :) It's a relief to know that this new judge seems to be on the ball. I'll be praying for Joseph's court case to pass this week and for your mama's heart to be at peace. This will be over soon and you will have your sweet boy in your arms. Hopefully before his birthday!!!

    :)Kristi W.

    ReplyDelete