"Untold numbers of professing Christians waste their lives trying to escape the cost of love. They do not see that it is always worth it."--- John Piper








Our Beautiful Joseph!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Awakening Hope Once More

I realize that I haven't posted in a while. Maybe we will call it a bit of an "adoption funk".. or perhaps just overwhelmed with the daily grind. I will never claim to be too busy for something as I firmly believe that you make time for the things you prioritize...but I won't go into that philosophy! ANYWAY--- my last post was borderline depressing, so I thought an update would be in order!

The paperwork snag has turned out to be okay... at least for now. Since then, the judge has approved 3 cases!!! One of them is a new dear friend in Ohio, so we were able to celebrate her victory for Ben (one of Joseph's cribmates!!) We are sincerely hoping and praying that ours will be next, but we have no way of knowing that. God does answer prayers and moves mountains as we were braced for the worst in that scenario.

We received an update on his height and weight yesterday and HE IS GROWING!!! I don't share our concerns for Joseph on this public blog, but we will just say that we realize we won't be signing him up for Mighty Mights Football! He is on the American Pediatrics growth chart for height (27 inches)! His weight is just under 15pounds at 10 months old--- we'll take it!!!

Today, I am feeling so OPTIMISTIC for the first time in a few weeks and it feels wonderful. Sometimes, I think God lets us enter the valleys so we can enjoy the view from the mountain top all the more!

FINALLY... lest I forget to mention my 2 homegrown boys. Thomas J celebrated his 5th birthday in February and I thought I'd share a few pictures. Turner is maturing so quickly at 7 years. We are seeing him begin to understand the things of the Lord which makes us so very excited. If only subtraction would come...:) He is doing a wonderful job on his school lessons. He LOVES history and is turning out to be a great reader. So blessed to have them "on loan" from the Lord!


6 comments:

  1. So glad you posted. I was just getting ready to e-mail you. I keep looking at Joseph's sweet eyes in his pic on my fridge. My heart aches for him to be home with his family and I know it's 100x+ more for you. Praying for everything and so glad to hear his good report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...see that the post I just commented on was old and now things are better.Joseph and Abby seem like their weight/height are tracking about this same! Abby doesn't even make the weight chart for India. Now that she has had her palate repair surgery, we are praying that she is gaining some weight!
    Praying you will be next!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted an update! Can't wait to see more pictures of Joseph. Your boys are beautiful!

    Spending time with your mom and dad in Alabama was such a sweet treat. They were so generous and concerned about our stay being as fun and memorable as possible! They often spoke of the boys, and were proud to share fun family stories- it was great! Your family is precious. Hopefully our families will have many opportunities to spend time together over the years. David and I pray for little Joseph and the journey that all of you are on. I can't imagine going through the process. Your family is so grounded and rooted in truth and faith that it's apparent that families like yours are the ones who God has asked to be the families for those in need. If only more people were obedient to open their homes! Anyway, just wanted to say hello and that we often think of you. I recently told Billie that I love what you guys are doing because it paves the way for more of us to become involved, invested and accepting of children who are in need like Joseph and his crib mates. David and I plan to foster children and will probably eventually adopt. Growing up, I always knew that a portrait of my family would be one of many different faces. Isn't it exciting?!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new post - that's so encouraging that the adoptions are back on the move! We will pray that Joseph will be "graduated" ASAP!!! Thanks for the sweet pictures of Turner and Thomas J. Again, thank you so much for your sweet picture for Liam's birthday - it just meant the WORLD to Julie! Much love from the west coast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that you have received some positive growth news. It is also encouraging to hear that cases are moving...and yours hopefully will be approved next.

    Julie R

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those updates are such a gift, aren't they? I'm glad you had good news about your baby -- and I loved the updates about those "homegrown" boys too! Your sons are the same ages mine were when Anya Rashi came home, so I have an especially soft spot for your family. :o)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete