"Untold numbers of professing Christians waste their lives trying to escape the cost of love. They do not see that it is always worth it."--- John Piper








Our Beautiful Joseph!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to... me!

Okay-- so it isn't the post on citizenship that I had promised, but I just had to share my birthday surprises with everyone! Bill and my Mother In Law went in together and purchased a NEW CAMERA for yours truly! Get this... it is waterproof up to 10 feet and "SHOCK PROOF" up to 5 feet meaning I can drop it!!! Here is a picture I took of the boys in the pool. I know Joseph looks a little bit dazed. I promise that he had fun that day!!



THEN... my mother and grandmother purchased the shoes I have been salivating over since I first saw them! I have very high arches and these shoes feel WONDERFUL on my feet. AND I think they are so cute with the sparkles on them. They make me feel like a little girl! The shoes are supposed to shape up your tooshee and legs. I'm not calling Sports Illustrated just yet.


They also gave me a big bag of clothes. I AM NOT A SHOPPER, but these ladies purchase almost all of my clothing making them my very own personal shoppers. I always love what they pick out and the best part is that I don't have to shop for it.They are a huge blessing to this busy mom.


My family and hubbie went out of their way to make this Birthday so very special. I love them all so much!



On the adoption front, we have officially retained an attorney to help us with the finalization. You know, I didn't give all of this much thought on the front end. It was ALL about getting Joseph home. Now, I wish we had taken the time to educate ourselves on how to go about the business of legalizing stateside. Each state is different, but we feel an urgency to make this bond official.

This stage of the adoption reminds me of our (Christian's) spiritual adoption as joint heirs with Christ. The Bible reminds us of our TRUE identity and that our old selves are buried IN CHRIST. We are ready for Joseph's true identity to be declared and want him to have all legal rights as a son because we love him. Just as we can do nothing to "earn" our salvation, he doesn't have to to anything-- it is all being done for him. So many beautiful parallels of God's grace in adoption. That is one of the millions of reasons we think adoption is a remarkable thing.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! So glad it was a great one! I will have to look into MN laws on finalizing adoption during our 110th delay:)
    Blessings,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you were well taken care of by all. The new camera will be so much fun, I'm sure. Looks like you have a few great hams to fill the frame :)

    I hope the finalization comes quickly....solidifying what you know in your heart to all ready be true!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Sounds like they treated you right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special birthday Laura! And thank you hugely for the package :) It arrived and we can't wait to put all the goodies to good use. I may have to talk to you about how to use the phone, I'm not very technologically advanced. Enjoy your new treats and all the birthday love!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! What a terrific family you have -- I'm so glad they're spoiling you right when your mom duties have increased by 1/3. :o) Have fun using the camera and the shoes . . . and if your personal shoppers ever get bored, send them on over to me!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad all is going well! Hope you had a great birthday! Camera sounds wayyyy fun! Jessica will be jealous! Love, Steph

    ReplyDelete