"Untold numbers of professing Christians waste their lives trying to escape the cost of love. They do not see that it is always worth it."--- John Piper








Our Beautiful Joseph!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Here We Go!

LOVE THAT GOOFY GRIN!

Meeting my friend Traci on October 31st




Sleeping so sweetly!







I never thought I would ever be a "blogger", but waiting on Joseph requires a Journal! Rather than my usual private meanderings with a pen, I guess I am hoping to encourage others and recommend some resources that have strengthened us. Allow me to introduce... us! We are a family of 4 living in Missouri waiting to become a family of 5 through the adoption of Joseph Pallab in Kolkata, India. More to come on the events leading up to present, but we officially began our adoption adventure on my husband's birthday-- April 11, 2008. It was in our hearts for many years before that! After months of waiting for our "daughter", we were moved by God's hand to consider a son on October 16, 2009. I heard of the need for families to consider boys as all of the families in process were requesting girls. When I called my husband, he became very quiet over the phone and said that he had just been praying that God would purify our motives in the adoption. He thought that meant that we were to consider more special needs than we had "planned" (ha!- our plans had nothing to do with it) on. Without hesitation, we were in agreement on this one. Bring on the boys!!! It's funny... when we started this process, it was important to me that we chose a country program that allowed us to make choices regarding gender and special needs. By the end of it all, I did not want those choices to be left up to us! I trust our Sovereign God more than I trust us!!! By 9:00 that evening, his photo and medical information arrived in my inbox.




He is our precious boy and we knew it immediately. Whenever our two bioboys were born, I remember this flood of the purest emotion I had ever felt before. The identical flood occurred when I first saw his fuzzy, 2-D face in the referral picture. God did not have to allow those feelings immediately, but it was wonderful confirmation! Bill (my husband) wanted to sign the papers right away-- we found it difficult to wait on our pediatrician to review his records. We waited and finally signed on October 21, 2009.



Now, we are waiting for the NOC (No objection Certificate) to continue the process. We were told from the agency not to expect it until January, but we are still praying for that to be our Christmas gift!!! During our wait, several families have blessed us with photos!! Feast your eyes on our Indian Prince!

9 comments:

  1. Laura, you did it!!!! Great job with the blog! You have more stuff on yours than I did when I very first started mine. I am so happy to put your pictures with the names. Joseph is just precious. It is so fun to hear how God gives each of us confirmation in our adoption journey. I will pray that your NOC will come in God's timing. Looking forward to following the rest of your journey.

    April :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you have a blog!! Woo Hoo!! So excited to hear your testimony about adoption. It is awesome how God calls us isn't it? He always knows whats best even when we have our own expectations!! We just received our NOC so maybe we will be traveling together!!!

    Liberty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad you're a blogger now. A wonderful way to share your testimonies and to document it for Joseph. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogger world, my Missouri friend! I love the pictures of your beautiful Joseph and reading about how God opened your hearts to this little boy. Hope the process keeps moving along!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the blog!! Looks great. I like the black. He is so cute. Just maybe you will open up to a NOC approval for Christmas.
    MARCH MARCH MARCH, Gidget:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Joseph is so beautiful! Congrats on your referral and joining the ranks of the India moms! I've seen some of your posts on the Dillon forum and am so I'm glad you started a blog. It's so fun for me to keep up on the families in process, now that I'm not anymore. I can live vicariously through you. :) And I will keep your family in my prayers for a smooth, speedy process. I don't keep my blog up very often but if you want to read about our process to both of our daughters, feel free.

    Kristi W.
    (www.werrefamily.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog looks great, and your son is just beautiful! What do your other sons think about the occasional "pink" outfit? All the boys at ISRC have one or two of those. :o) I'm excited to follow your journey, and thrilled that you accepted God's design for your family!
    Nancy
    (Mom to bio sons Aaron-9, Nathan-7, and Anya Rashi-3 through Dillon . . . and waiting at #7 for another daughter)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! What a handsome little man (so funny that he's in pink)! Welcome to the world of blog! Thanks for inviting us into your journey. May God bless you guys every step of the way!

    Congrats & God Bless,

    Angie
    mom to Mia (India) and Emy (bio)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on everything! So glad I found your blog:) We just got our NOC b/f Christmas and are waiting for our case to be filed (adopting through the AGCI India pilot program). Since there are only a few families, and no one blogs, I LOVE following the Dillon moms:)

    Our Abby is 11 mo. old and has a repaired cleft lip and a palate that needs surgery, so we are anxious to get her home!!!

    Blessings,
    Jenny
    www.needhamfamily5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete