"Untold numbers of professing Christians waste their lives trying to escape the cost of love. They do not see that it is always worth it."--- John Piper








Our Beautiful Joseph!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Yuletide Crooning

We were blessed with tickets to Silver Dollar City for Christmas. Thank you, "Grandma Lena"!! It was such a magical evening for all of us! There was just one thing missing.... I wonder if Joseph would have been as captivated as his brothers! I am so enjoying each moment with my family this season as I want to live each day contented and delighted with the joys contained therein. It is a struggle to put our baby boy into the backs of our minds knowing that if somehow the governments and red-tapers would put the children FIRST, he would be in our arms this Christmas!!! There is a reason for everything, I tell myself. I also remind myself that the laws are in place (at least in part) for the protection of the children I cherish. My dear husband reminded me that GOD IS SOVEREIGN-- even over governments. He has also ordained each day in the life of our much-loved Joseph!! SO I will just say to my sweet one, "We miss you, baby--- Merry Christmas. When you get home, I'll show you the movies of your brothers singing to you!!!"














3 comments:

  1. These are precious video clips that you can treasure for years to come. I am sure Joseph is going to love hearing his brothers singing! It looks like the Silver Dollar City was beautiful. I like the photo of you and your boys...very sweet.

    I couldn't agree more about the government and red tapers putting the children FIRST! This has been one of my frustrations locally and internationally. If there was a higher priority on the children things would move so much faster. You are so right that God is sovereign and He will bring our children home in HIS timing. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

    April :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too agree about the government red tapers. I'm struggling waiting on God this Christmas, and have changed my prayers from hurry up God PLLEEEEAAAASSSE! to give me peace as I wait WITH you! I think I forget that he is GOD sometimes and that he knows the beginning as well as the end of our stories. He is in much better control then I could ever be. I'll be praying for your family this Christmas while you are missing your beautiful Joseph.

    Liberty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up with Dillon forum and say that you started a blog to journal your journey to Joseph! He is a handsome little man. I love the pictures of his huge grin!! Yes, waiting through Christmas time will be difficult, but the memories of waiting will all disappear the day you get to hold him in your arms!

    Congrats!
    Julie R (mom to Devi)

    ReplyDelete