"Untold numbers of professing Christians waste their lives trying to escape the cost of love. They do not see that it is always worth it."--- John Piper








Our Beautiful Joseph!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Surprising Thoughts

The "legals" for our Joseph have arrived!!! They are in my/our hands (well, Bill is still at work) and it feels so wonderful, yet sad at the same time. I want to adopt his birth-mother,too!! Somehow, seeing her name and reading the circumstances in print makes me want to bring both of them home... I wonder if anyone ever does that? Am I strange to want to scoop them both out of there together? My reactions were surprising. Yes, I am joyful and anticipatory regarding my sweet Joseph, but how my heart yearns to show her Christ's love as well. Adoption can feel bitter-sweet when you know the reality of why your child became yours. I think I will always feel connected to this young woman through our precious, soulful-eyed Joseph. I will continue to pray for her.

5 comments:

  1. So excited that you have your paperwork! I had a dream, actually, about going to meet our child, and instead I met at 16 year old girl... I woke up and wondered if it was the birth mom... I also read an article on Katie's blog (Amazima.org) about a young pregnant teen. I actually had the same thought as you- just wondering if I could adopt a pregnant teenager?... So blessed to read of your heart for not only your little man, but his birth mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,I just actually posted on feelings that this legal packet brought to my heart.:) Gidget:)Bring on the passports!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I just teared up reading this. Your heart will break when you see what lies ahead in India. At least you are able to save one child! I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These feelings are so normal at this stage of adoption. Gidget and I both posted similar thoughts recently. It is a part of the process that his hard to grasp....the idea that you are connected to this child and to the child's biological mother...and possibly father, who made these difficult and unselfish decisions. Bless them!

    Julie R

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cried too when I saw the names of Anya Rashi's birthparents in her packet of legals. I still wonder so often if they think about her, and what the real reasons were that they relinquished their parental rights. I hope I never, never take this enormous gift for granted. I trust that God has a reason for bringing her to us, even as I think of their sacrifice.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete